Have you ever come across something that just made you do a double take, something so ridiculous that you thought it couldn't possibly be true? Well I came across this patent the other day that made me think just that, well actually, it made me laugh (out loud). Literally. While sitting in my office. The secretaries probably thought I was going crazy.
The title is"Apparatus for facilitating the birth of a child by centrifugal force". That's right, just in case labor wasn't uncomfortable enough already, let's swing you around in circles until the baby pops right out... There's even a net to catch the baby so that he doesn't go flying across the room. Now I'm not an expert in this, I haven't actually given birth, but I'm pretty sure there is not a snow ball's chance in a really really hot place that I would ever agree to do this. So I'm curious, for my friends who have recently, or not so recently, given birth, what do you think?
At least you'd qualify for astronaut training when you're done, it looks a lot like the g-force thing the astronauts train in. Oh wait, we don't have a space program anymore.
And just in case you were wondering, the answer is yes and no. Yes a man is one of the inventors of this! But a woman is another inventor as well...
That is so funny! It made me laugh out loud when I read your post. Andy said he's seen that patent before too. People think up some weird stuff. I think my favorite one he has told me about is the combover patent :)
ReplyDeleteHaha! That is hilarious. I am pretty sure that I would never do that.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny but also rather creepy too. Looks tortuous! Reminds me of something the nazi's would think of.
ReplyDelete