yup, that one.
there he is again (no not Jaron, the cute one in the front)
And here he is again (I'm not sure I posted anything for his actual birthday so this was one birthday celebration we had for Dallin with some friends, and yes his cake is partially eaten already)
And this was at BYU... like a million years ago
So anyways, this boy of mine he did something amazing...
He.
Got.
a...
a....
a JOB!!!!!!!!
We are so excited. The job is here in "the District" and although that means we will still be far away from family and the wonderful west coast beaches, we are so excited. He'll be working at a really good law firm, with people that seem really nice (at least that's what he says, I won't get to meet them until the Christmas party). We have a good friend who is already working there and he (and his wife) really like it. AND he'll be doing work that interests him and that will use some of his knowledge from his chemical engineering degree. He is really looking forward to starting there, which isn't actually until next September. And he is so relieved, he was starting to worry that he wasn't going to get a job after three long years of school, and rather hefty tuition payments, so he's breathing a lot easier now. (I wasn't worried, I knew he would get one I mean look at him!)
Now all he has to do is finish law school and pass the bar... should be easy right?
Our friends out here are excited that we are staying and we are happy that we get to stay with them too. That was going to be one big down side if we got a job out west. We have made some really great friends out here and we would have been really sad to leave them. We are really grateful for this job, especially since the economy still isn't doing so well. We feel so blessed to both have been able to find jobs and we think that we are just meant to stay out in DC for a while.
So, if anyone wants to visit, we've got an extra room, and will be here for a while.
Edit: Dallin just read this and claims that I totally ripped off one of Stacie's blog posts. And going back and looking, I guess I kinda did (it is a bit different though, and totally unintentional). So Stacie, if you are reading this, you are just way totally cool and I guess deep down I just want to be like you.




Congratulations on the job!
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing! Way to go Dallin! Although, I was hoping to get you guys back living out my way. I keep meaning to call you back Autumn. I am lame. We need to catch up.
ReplyDelete