Sunday, October 23, 2011

Domination... well almost

 A few weeks ago, President Stewart approached Dallin and I after church while we were talking to some our friends and talked us into signing up to decorate our trunk for the ward trunk-or-treat.  We weren't too sure, but he bribed us with promises of fame, glory, and the really good prizes for the top three trunks.  And so it began... we thought, and googled, and tried to decide what we could do that would win us the totally awesome prizes.  Then it hit me (I may or may not have been in a work meeting at the time) we should make our car a dragon!  We have a fog machine and everything!  It was perfect, we were bound to win!  I was so excited, I jotted it down on my notepad, and may or may not have spent the rest of the meeting sketching out a car-dragon, trying to angle my paper so that no one could see the car-dragon on the notes I was taking, and deciding what we needed to buy.  When I got back to my desk and in cell phone range I texted Dallin, and the rest is history! Well sorta.  We decided to be the characters from how to train your dragon.  Dallin was hiccup, I was Astrid.  And we got some posterboard to make our car into a night fury.  We were so excited to set up our trunk that we forgot the candy, and had to go all the way back home to get it.  But we got to work real quick when we got there and by the time the kids came out to trunk-or-treat, we had this



It was pretty awesome, some kids were even afraid to reach inside because they didn't want to get bitten.  And apparently the judges agreed because we won 2nd place!  Woohoo.  The prize was a $50 gift certificate to mccormick and schmicks!
We've started thinking of next year... we think it will involve some more posterboard...

3 comments:

  1. That is definitely the coolest trunk I have ever seen at a trunk or treat! It looks so awesome! Great job you guys. I think you should've gotten 1st prize though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures you sent me! this is way cute! and I like your skirt! Love ya! MOM

    ReplyDelete