Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Christmas Day

I was a little worried about Christmas morning this year.  I am sort of a morning person and I really like Christmas so I usually get up pretty early on Christmas morning.  Add this to the fact that we live in a time zone that is three hours ahead of Washington and I was afraid I would wake up at about 3 AM Christmas morning.... it would have been torture waiting like 4 hours for everyone else to wake up and it's pretty safe to say I would have been murdered had I woken anyone up before 6. Dallin's siblings like sleep apparently.  Luckily I slept until like 6 or 6:30 (I would have slept longer but we were in the same room with Andrew and Hilarie, and Andrew made a weird noise).  Dallin and I went out and opened our stockings and talked for a bit.  Then we got bored so we decided to wake up Hilarie and Andrew and went and jumped on them (pay back!).  Hilarie was very reluctant to get up though and tried to kick Dallin off the bed... I'm not really sure what happened after that but Hilarie ended up screaming and woke up the whole house for us!  I thought it worked out well, others were not so enthusiastic.

Christmas morning was a lot of fun, once everyone was up we distributed and opened presents.  It took a few hours I think because there were 11 of us there.  Then we went upstairs to have probably the biggest Christmas breakfast ever! (I know I took some pictures, but I can't find them)

Christmas night we went to Sue and Lonnie's house for Dinner.  This is the second Glenn family Christmas dinner I have been to and it was a lot of fun again.  We had a really good dinner and enjoyed visiting with Grandma, Grandpa, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  After dinner we had a pass around game.  We ended up getting a dehydrater (thank you Grandma and Grandpa) and then we all went upstairs and listened to some of the boys play guitar/sing Christmas songs for us.  We even convinced Grandpa to break out his harmonica and play for us!  It was a really good Christmas. 
Grandpa's Train song!!

1 comment:

  1. That's cool that you got that recorded for posterity! Wasn't that amazing?

    ReplyDelete