Sunday, October 17, 2010

We're still alive!

Just in case anyone was wondering.
School has started for both of us and it keeps us very, very busy!  Dallin is still working part time at the International Trade Commission and for the most part is loving it, except when he has to read really long reports.  He's also taking a very full course load and is on an economic law journal this year.  He likes most of his classes and is making good progress on his law review article, but it doesn't leave him time for much else.   He has been applying for internships and we are hoping one of those will pan out.
I am still working on my research.  I think everything in our lab broke at least once this summer and now that it is finally fixed, I think we need to retake some data, which means another week of sitting in a dark room! yay!  I am also enjoying my classes, though not the time... they are both from 6pm to 9pm.  Doing math at 9pm is kind of hard.  I'm going to be presenting my research at a conference in Long Beach, CA a few days before Thanksgiving which means I get to go home for Thanksgiving and don't have to pay for the plane tickets! The only down side is I have to leave Dallin behind because the school won't pay for his plane tickets, and that is definitely not in our budget :(  I'm also working on submitting articles to a couple journals, hopefully I'll be published before the school year ends.
So between my late classes on Mondays and Thursdays, and Dallin's late classes on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, we're not  home very much and most of the time we are is time to sleep.  Or eat, although most of that is done at school and work as well.  Our Saturdays have also been full of studying, which is kind of boring but we have high hopes of taking a break next Saturday, we'll have to wait and see if we actually can.
We are still teaching the 12 and 13 year olds for Sunday School and we love it.  They keep us on our toes, and we never have  a dull Sunday!  We are also excited that fall has finally come to the east coast.  The weather is nice and the leaves have started changing!  If only it would stay this way and not turn into winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment