I couldn't think of a name for this update because, once again, I have waited too long to update and have a bunch of things to put on here so... I'll take suggestions. Anyway, we had a great Valentines Day, we got a gift card for Chili's from our credit card rewards and used that to go out to dinner, then came home and made a heart shaped pazooki and watched a movie. By the way this was way too much dessert for two people.
Dallin just finished his spring break which was unfortunately for him, rather uneventful because I had to go school everyday, and so he did too. He was able to beat some new levels on bloons though, so the week wasn't a complete waste. My spring break is this coming week and now he has to go to school, bad planning on our school's parts, I wish they would have worked that out better. My mom is here though so we are going to go have some fun! Dallin has also started interviewing for summer internships, we are praying he can find a paying one so that we can try and keep our debt down as much as possible, he's had some really good interviews so far so we are pretty hopeful.
I have been working hard on my research and after an epic battle with MATLAB (a computer program that makes cool graphs and things), was able to write a program that does all my work for me. Unfortunately I'm not sure if it would have been quicker to just do it all by hand than to write the program to do it, it made a pretty graph though so I'm still excited about it.
In other news, we have been able to have the missionaries teach one of our neighbors in our home for the past few weeks and she even came with me to the relief society birthday thing which was a lot of fun! It has been a real blessing to have these lessons in our house. The spirit has been strong and we look forward to them.
O and I almost forgot! We moved! We now live in an apartment that is about 3 miles closer to school than our last one is. We are still in the same ward, which we really like! Our new apartment is a little smaller than the last, which is really only an issue with the closet space, but we've just about worked that out. It is a lot more quiet than our last place though and the rent is cheaper, which is a huge plus. We can also walk to the grocery store from here (if it ever stops raining), and I can finally play my wiii fit without feeling bad because there is no one below us.
And last but not least, it was my birthday today! Happy Birthday to me. Thanks to everyone who called or text me. It was a pretty good day, we went on a tour of the white house today, which actually was a little disappointing, you don't get to see much. And went out to lunch. We got to have some friends over for ice cream cake too which was really good!
Now we are going to start writing our family newsletter... maybe... so we can give it to Aunt Lisa before the day that it's due, or the day after :)
Happy birthday, Autumn!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday! Sounds like you guys are doing well. Good luck with the internship hunt!
ReplyDeleteGood luck to Dallin with the internship search. You will have to keep us posted. That is awesome about your neighbor and your new apartment!
ReplyDeleteFirstly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I know super lame that it is a few days late. I have been super busy study for the Praxis , and just took it recently. Look for internships in Portland. Oregon is beautiful. I have always said that. Think about it. I love reading your blog. Happy St. Patrick's Day. Tell you mom hi for me too.
ReplyDelete